So, what happened at the first of your two City Council confabs this month?
- Chief Schwarzkopf swore in three new Prairie Village police officers, Officers Lee, Huber, and Swaby. Welcome!!
- Approval of the memorandum of understanding between Johnson County and the cities of Leawood and Mission Hills for the Mental Health Co-Responder Program
- Approval of the use agreement with Water District No. 1 for the continued operation and maintenance of the parking lot on the Delmar Water Tower site
- Approval of the naming of the new public park at W. 67th and Roe Avenue (formerly referred to as North Park) as “Wassmer Park” in accordance with Council Policy 501
- Approval of the Learn to Swim and Day Camp agreements with Johnson County Park and Recreation District
- Approval of the appointment of David E. Waters with Lathrop Gage, LLP as City Attorney
- Heard the 2018 Code enforcement annual update from staff member, Jamie Robichaud, and learned about the most common violations
- Discussed the 2019 Exterior Grant Program and possible changes and enhancements to aid our residents.
If you’d like to watch the proceedings yourself, all Council meetings are live streamed and available here: https://www.pvkansas.com/city-government/city-council-meeting-streaming !
- February R.G. Endres Gallery Featured Artists: Shelby Pinderville, Kathleen Kirch, Jason Wagner
- February 8 Artist Reception in the R.G. Endres Gallery
- February 18 Presidents Day (Observed) – Offices closed
- February 19 (Tues) City Council Meeting
Take care and reach out if you have any questions or concerns,