Here is the Agenda for the PV City Council Meeting – January 6, 2020:
• • Mayor to recognize outgoing Councilmembers & retiring Treasurer
• • Mayor to swear in new Councilmembers
• • Meadowbrook Park development update
• • Ratification of 2020 Legislative Platform
• • Consider professional services supplement #1 with Clark Enersen Partners for the Public Works building
• • Consider construction contract for pool replaster – leisure and wading
• • Consider future presentation by Stuart Little regarding government relations advocacy
• • Election of 2020 Council President (slated to be Sheila Myers, Ward 5)
• • 2019 Exterior Grant report (pg. 195 of council packet, link below) and 2020 program changes (pg. 212)
• • Consider 2020 recreation fee schedule (pg. 214)
See the whole agenda and Council packet HERE.
Also, mark your calendar to hear about the upcoming legislative session and issues important specifically to Prairie Village residents at the City of Prairie Village Legislative Forum.
- Date: 01/08/2020 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Meadowbrook Clubhouse
9100 Nall Avenue
Prairie Village, Kansas 66208
The following elected officials will be present to speak and answer questions:
- Commissioner Becky Fast
- County Commission Chair Ed Eilert
- State Representative Rui Xu
- State Representative Stephanie Clayton
- State Representative Jerry Stogsdill
Lastly, in case you didn’t see it in the Shawnee Mission Post already, As pickleball grows more popular, community centers and private facilities are catching up! In Prairie Village, Meadowbrook Park Prairie Village has eight (8) Pickleball Courts, and I’ve heard from residents that we could use more around town, too!
I’ve never tried pickleball. Have you?
Let me know if you have any questions or comments on any of the agenda items, and have a wonderful weekend!
You must be logged in to post a comment.