The City of Prairie Village has reduced the number of staff working from several of its facilities and temporarily altered some services. A few examples are:
- The large item pickup originally scheduled to begin this weekend has been POSTPONED.
- Republic has notified the City that they will not be picking up extra bags outside of the regular trash bins for the time being.
- Pool membership sales and summer recreation enrollment will NOT begin April 1.
- Parks are open but playgrounds are CLOSED.
- Court dates have been postponed. A more comprehensive list of services impacted is available online at pvkansas.com/COVID19.
This has been on social media, but I wanted to send out here, too, just in case you don’t follow the City’s or my social media. Even if you do, it may be getting lost in ALL of the notifications out there right now.
**To get timely and urgent information from the City and/or County, especially now, please sign up for NotifyJoCo (click Register Now) AND City of Prairie Village emails (you can select the topics you want to be notified about).