from the City of Prairie Village, Kansas:
Following a stay-at-home order issued for Johnson County based on recommendations from health experts surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Prairie Village has reduced the number of staff working from its facilities and temporarily altered some services. Residents are encouraged to do business with the City online or via phone, fax, mail or email. A list of services impacted is as follows:
- The large item pickup originally scheduled for March 28 & April 4 has been postponed. The new tentative dates for this year’s collection are:
- June 6 – Residents on and north of 75th Street and those east of Belinder
- June 13 – Residents south of 75th Street, except those east of Belinder
- Effective immediately, Republic Services will not haul away bags of trash and other items that are outside of trash bins. This measure is taken to reduce drivers’ exposure to the coronavirus. The City will suspend selling stickers for extra bags of trash, and residents who have the stickers on hand should not use them.
- Residents whose trash needs exceed the limits of their bin’s capacity, can secure an additional 65-gallon bin at a cost of $35 for a year, paid directly to Republic.
- Residents in need of additional bins for their trash can contact Republic Services at Customerkc@republicservices.com 816-521-3110. Include name, address, and phone number.
**Yard waste has not been affected by this yet. Please sign up per the bottom of this post to get up-to-the-minute updates.
- Effective March 24, 2020, no new building permits will be issued for non-essential construction activities until the Johnson County Stay At Home order is lifted. Contractors and homeowners may still submit plans for review, but a permit will not be issued unless the project is deemed to be essential to safety, sanitation, and/or essential operations.
- Permits for projects deemed essential to maintain safety, sanitation, and essential operations will be issued under normal guidelines. An example of essential projects would be if a hot water heater, electrical service, furnace or gas line needed to be replaced. Final determination as to whether or not a project is deemed essential is subject to determination by the building official.
- All active permits will still have the ability to schedule inspections with the anticipation they will be conducted by video and photo documentation. Inspections will still be scheduled as normal for active permits. On the day of the scheduled inspection, the permit holder will be contacted by a building inspector with information on the video and/or photo inspection.
- Contractors can use third-party inspectors for footings, foundations, and all structural items. This should be sent via digital format and sealed by a Kansas Registered engineer. This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please email email@example.com or call 913-385-4604 to schedule an inspection. Please keep in mind that we have reduced staffing levels due to the Stay at Home order. If nobody answers your call, please leave a message and a building inspector will get back to you.
Licensing for animals, businesses
- Late fees will all be waived and no late notifications will be sent under our typical procedure.
- No license renewal mailings will go out during the stay at home order. All renewal due dates will be extended one month (and will continue to roll as needed).
Pool Passes and Summer Recreation Programming
- Pool pass sales and registration for summer recreation programs will not begin April 1. The tentative new date for sales and registration is May 1.
Parks & Playgrounds
- Parks remain open; however, playground equipment is closed. Park guests must maintain appropriate social distance.
- Bathrooms will be kept open, but drinking fountains will be turned off.
- Basketball courts are closed.
- All facility reservations for park shelters and conference rooms at City Hall have been canceled and refunded through May 8. More cancellations may be necessary. City staff will re-evaluate and begin that process in mid-April.
- City Committee meetings scheduled through early April will be canceled.
- Court Dockets scheduled for April 2020 will be rescheduled as follows:
- Prairie Village: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 docket- rescheduled to Tuesday, June 2, 2020, at 8:00 a.m.
- Prairie Village: Thursday, April 9, 2020 docket, for defendants without an attorney -rescheduled to Thursday, June 11, 2020, at 3:00 p.m.Defendants that have an attorney, please contact your attorney for the new court date.
- Prairie Village: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 docket – rescheduled to Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at 8:00 a.m.
- Prairie Village: Thursday, April 16, 2020 docket, for defendants without an attorney -rescheduled to Thursday, June 18, 2020, at 3:00 p.m.Defendants that have an attorney, please contact your attorney for the new court date.
- Prairie Village: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 docket – rescheduled for Tuesday, June 16, 2020, at 8:00 a.m.
- Prairie Village: Thursday, April 23, 2020 docket, for defendants without an attorney –rescheduled to Thursday, June 25, 2020, at 3:00 p.m.Defendants that have an attorney, please contact your attorney for the new court date.
- Mission Hills: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 docket, for defendants without an attorney-rescheduled to Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.Defendants that have an attorney, please contact your attorney for the new court date.
- Mission Hills: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 docket, for defendants without an attorney-rescheduled to Tuesday, June 23, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.Defendants that have an attorney, please contact your attorney for the new court date.
- New court dates can be viewed online:
- Prairie Village cases at:https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/prairievillageks/court/search
- Mission Hills cases at: https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/missionhillsks/court/search
- Payments are encouraged to be made online at: https://www.pvkansas.com/city-government/departments/municipal-court/pay-online or by mail 7700 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208.
- Valid Insurance proof can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Court fax will be monitored weekly. For timely service, please send correspondence via email.
The main contact information for the City of Prairie Village is:
- Phone: 913-381-6464
- Fax: 913-381-7755
- Mail: 7700 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208
- Website: www.pvkansas.com
This was sent out via eBlast from the City communications, but I wanted to send out here, too, just in case.
**To get timely and urgent information from the City and/or County, especially now, please sign up for NotifyJoCo (click Register Now) AND City of Prairie Village emails (you can select the topics you want to be notified about).