SPECIAL NOTE! : Council will be discussing amending the Municipal Code to allow residents to own chickens at our next meeting. Please let me know where you stand on this topic by emailing me at email@example.com.
The next meeting of the Prairie Village City Council will be via Zoom and Facebook Live. You do NOT have to have an FB account to view the meeting. You will be able to view it HERE when the time comes.
If you would like to “speak” during public comment, please submit your comment in writing to our City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on Monday. Please note that these will not actually be read aloud during the meeting; councilors will receive and read them prior to the meeting.
Here are the highlights of the City Council Meeting Agenda for the Prairie Village City Council Meeting – Monday, June 1, 2020:
- Consider Ordinance 2419 to approve an amendment to the special use permit for Kansas City Christian School at 4801 W. 79th Street
- Consider approval of revised 2020 VillageFest budget (for a pared-down event)
- Consider making the neck down traffic calming measure installed in 2018 on 67th Street between Roe Avenue and Nall Avenue a permanent installation
- Consider revisions to (door-to-door) Solicitor Regulations
- Consider an amendment to Chapter II (Animal Ordinance) of the Municipal Code to allow residents to keep chickens
See the whole agenda and Council packet HERE.
SPECIAL NOTE: I will be leaving the Facebook community in the coming weeks. If you’re already receiving this post via email, then you don’t need to do anything. But if you’re reading it from a link from Facebook or Instagram, you’ll want to subscribe to my email newsletter and/or follow me on Twitter instead.
Have a wonderful weekend!