It’s a PACKED agenda, folks. Council will be reviewing the 2021 budget and a proposed ordinance amending the Municipal Code to allow residents to own chickens at our next meeting. Please let me know where you stand on this topic by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for the rest of the items.
The next meeting of the Prairie Village City Council will be via Zoom and Facebook Live. You do NOT have to have an FB account to view the meeting. You will be able to view it HERE when the time comes.
If you would like to “speak” during public comment, please submit your comment in writing to our City Clerk at email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Monday. Please note that these will not actually be read aloud during the meeting; councilors will receive and read them prior to the meeting.
Here are the highlights of the City Council Meeting Agenda for the Prairie Village City Council Meeting – Monday, June 15, 2020:
- Presentation of our 2019 Audit
- Consider the appeal of Planning Commission decision regarding an exception to 19.44.025 of the City’s Zoning Regulations (pg. 159 HERE) at 7052 Cedar Street regarding required fence setback.
- Consider cancellation of 2020 JazzFest event
- Consider approval of a joint statement from the Prairie Village Governing Body regarding racial justice
- Consider an amendment to Chapter II (Animal Ordinance) of the Municipal Code and Section 19.36.005 (E.) of Zoning Regulations to allow residents to keep chickens
- 2021 Budget including discussion of glass recycling/composting
- Capital infrastructure program budget
See the whole agenda and Council packet HERE.
SPECIAL NOTE: I will be leaving the Facebook community in the coming weeks. If you’re already receiving this post via email, then you don’t need to do anything. But if you’re reading it from a link from Facebook or Instagram, you’ll want to subscribe to my email newsletter and/or follow me on Twitter instead.
Have a wonderful weekend!