Beginning Tuesday, January 18, masks or other face coverings must be worn in all indoor public spaces in Prairie Village . . .
Post Date: 01/13/2022 2:26 PM
Beginning Tuesday, January 18, masks or other face coverings must be worn in all indoor public spaces in Prairie Village.
The Prairie Village City Council approved Ordinance No. 2465 at a special meeting January 12. The ordinance sets out all of the details of the mask requirement, which will remain in place until at least February 16. It could be extended based on the state of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Refusal to comply with the mask ordinance is an unclassified violation and carries a $25 fine, enforced by the police department.
Masks are required in all indoor spaces that are open to the public. Exceptions include:
- private residential properties, or offices or workspaces that are not open to customers or the public
- churches, synagogues, mosques, or other places of religious worship
- public or private schools
- government facilities not owned or operated by the City of Prairie Village
The ordinance requires everyone over the age of five wear face coverings in indoor public spaces. Children five and under are not required to wear a face covering, and children two and under should not wear a face covering. Other individuals exempt from the mask requirement include:
- Those with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering
- Those who are deaf or hard of hearing, or communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- Those who are seated at a restaurant or other establishment that offers food or beverage service, while they are eating or drinking
- Those engaged in religious services, ceremonies or activities
- View the ordinance in its entirety, including a full list of exemptions.
The City has a limited supply of single-use masks available for local businesses to give to customers without masks of their own. If your business needs masks, please call 913-381-6464 to arrange for pick up. City staff is also ordering “masks required” window clings for interested businesses. If your business would like a window cling (at no cost) please fill out a request form. If you would like to print your own signs, you can download them here.
Having trouble viewing this email? View on the website instead.
Change your eNotification preference. <– SIGN UP HERE TO GET THESE NOTIFICATIONS DIRECTLY TO YOU. 😁